Saturday 28 January 2012

How to Tebow? 3 simple steps and why it's not over!

Three simple steps:
  1. Knee to the ground.
  2. Elbow to the knee.
  3. Forehead to the hand.
Tebow and the Broncos are out of the playoffs, and it's down to the Giants or the Patriots. On February 5th in Indianapolis, Tom Brady or Eli Manning and their team will take one of the most coveted sports' trophies world.

But Tebowing hasn't died out. In fact, even more seem to follow his example.


Philip Rivers has been called the Catholic Tebow. The Charger's quarterback is married with six kids, and he insists, "first faith, then family, and then football." Sunday Mass is a priority, and "once having received the Eucharist, he's ready to go out and play."

Aaron Rodgers with the Packers has also shown himself a convinced Christian. "I firmly believe, just personally, what works for me, and what I enjoy doing is letting my actions speak about the kind of character that I want to have..."

So what's the Tebow recipe?
Knee to the ground.
It's got to start with humility. Christ gave us everything, and we have to give back to him and others despite what they do to us. 

"It's not always fun. I like being a normal guy. I mean, I grew up on a farm. I like to get to know people and go to dinner like anybody else. But now I'm in this bubble and it's hard. But it's way worth all the downside to have a platform to make a difference."

Elbow to the knee.
Decision and determination are essential. Without a firm conviction and relentless cooperation, even with Christ help, it won't happen.

"What's that tell me? It tells me they have a lot of crazy polls out there. I hope people see I'm real and genuine. I hope they see that I make a ton of mistakes but that I always get back up and try again."

Forehead to the hand.
Everything brought to Christ in our prayer.

From the game against the Bears, he bowed his head as he sat on the sidelines and uttered this prayer: “Dear Jesus, I need you. Please come through for me. No matter what, win or lose Lord, give me the strength to honor you.”
There is a quality that all the great athletes share, in the NFL and in other sports. It is not something that can be taught or learned, but without this quality, greatness is not possible. It is just as important as talent and skill, maybe more important. It is a natural leadership and enthusiasm that inspires everyone it touches. It is the ability to raise the level of play of those around you.
Let's Tebow - humility, determination, prayer!

More from this article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment